Jason Van Tassel, M.D.
Dr. Jason Van Tassel is a San Diego native and attended San Diego State
University, graduating with Honors, with a Bachelor of Science in Biology
in 1992. In addition to his undergraduate studies, Dr. Van Tassel worked
as a research assistant at Hybritech Incorporated investigating the optimization
of manufacturing processes related to monoclonal antibody test assays.
During his undergraduate studies, he also worked as a physics instructor
for the Healthcare Career Opportunity Program to provide educational assistance
to underprivileged students interested in pursuing careers in medicine.
Dr. Van Tassel attended the prestigious Georgetown University School of
Medicine located in Washington DC. He graduated with Honors in 1997 being
admitted to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He was then accepted
into the Head and Neck Surgery Residency program at the University of
Arkansas for Medical Sciences headed by world renowned Dr. James Suen.
He completed one year of general surgery residency and four years of Otolaryngology,
Head and Neck Surgery Residency.
Upon completion of his residency, he joined the faculty at the University
of California Irvine in the Department of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive
Surgery completing a fellowship in 2003. He is currently board certified
in Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Along with his expertise in treating Ear, Nose and Throat disorders, Dr.
Van Tassel has special expertise in Traditional, Laser Treatment, and
Augmentation Fillers Applications for Facial Enhancement and Rejuvenation.
He is excited to offer these highly skilled services to the patients of
WTMG. Dr. Van Tassel provides treatment for snoring and sleep apnea, including
Hyoid Suspension, a minimally invasive procedure that can be performed
in his office.
- 1992 – Bachelor of Science, Biology (with Honors), San Diego State
University; San Diego, California
- 1997 – Doctor of Medicine (AOA), Georgetown University School of
Medicine; Washington, DC
1997 – 1998 –
Internship: Department of General Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences;
Little Rock, Arkansas
1998 – 2002 –
Residency: Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, University
of Arkansas for Medical Sciences; Little Rock, Arkansas
2002 – 2003 –
Fellowship: Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Division
of Facial Plastic Surgery, University of California-Irvine Medical Center;
Certification and Licensure
- Board Certified: American Board of Otolaryngology
- Board Certified: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- California State Medical License
- 1991 – Alpha Omega Delta Premedical Honor Society, San Diego State
University, San Diego, California
- 1992 – Mortar Board Cap and Gown Honor Society, San Diego State University,
San Diego, California
- 1997 – Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Georgetown University School
of Medicine, Washington, DC
- 2007 – Orange County Innovation Science Award, Lifestem Incorporated
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Medical Association
- Georgetown University Alumni Association