Role and Responsibilities
Greets and receives patients in person and by telephone. Schedules appointments
in an efficient and timely manner. Facilitates communication by routing
phone calls to the appropriate clinic and/or person. Instructs patients
on filling out their appropriate paper for registration. Checks patients
in and out, make follow-up appointments, and prepare lab and x-ray slips
if and when needed. Strictly follows all practice policies and procedures,
including all HIPAA related policies and procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Greets patients.
- Reviews and updates demographic information of existing patients.
- Instructs new patients on the proper completion of their new patient paperwork.
- Insurance verification, including making copies insurance cards.
- Obtains authorizations as needed.
- Continually monitors the schedule for accurateness, communicate any changes
- Collects co-pays and balances on accounts.
- Schedules appointments, including confirming appointments two (2) days
- Maintains clean waiting room and working areas.
- Answers telephone, makes appointments, screens calls, provides information
or routes calls to the appropriate person.
- Prepares mailing of forms for new patients to be complete, or directs patient
to the website to download the forms.
- Reviews charts before clinic to be sure all reports are current, present
and filed correctly.
- Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Checks for current referrals for all HMO patients. Obtains new referrals
from primary care physician as necessary per office site.
- Photocopies and faxes various documents as necessary.
- Assists patients, doctor and other staff as needed.
- Performs related tasks and assignments as necessary.
- Complies with established organizational policies and procedures of WTMF.
- Greets patients and makes return appointments in the time frame noted by
- Collects any co-pays and balances that were not collected at check-in.
- Collects money due for Private Pay patients.
- Fills out return appointment card.
- Answers telephone, makes appointments, screens calls, and provides information
or routes calls to appropriate person.
- Assists staff with finding charts.
- Patient appointment reminder calls two (2) days in advance.
- Assists patients, doctors and staff as needed.
- Performs related tasks/assignments as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are
required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities
may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required
to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee
may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.