Clinical Director, Quality Services
Accountable for direction and implementation of activities and programs
for ambulatory sites in the following areas: Quality Improvement and Standards,
credentialing/accreditation, risk management, patient safety, employee
health, patient experience and infection control. Aligns programs with
performance initiatives and strategic priorities as defined by leadership.
Develops strong collaborative leadership relationships with WTMG, external
regulatory agencies, accreditation bodies, employer groups. Directs and
implements organization-wide systems and processes for improvement, in
collaboration with clinical and administrative personnel.
- Minimum five (5) years of combined experience in quality, risk management,
patient safety, infection prevention/ accreditation/regulation, licensing,
or clinical operations leadership in a healtchare setting.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience in a healthcare setting.
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, nursing, or public
administration or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current RN licensed required.
- Uses registered nursing background as a substantial amount of scientific
knowledge or technical skill for indirect patient care services that ensure
the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients; and
the performance of disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing physician management programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of governmental and other regulatory standards, requirements,
and guidelines related to quality, risk and patient safety.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in performance improvement methodologies,
ability and desire to integrate PI principles into work processes; demonstrated
leadership, project management, facilitation, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of ongoing monitoring techniques (including criteria
development and statistical analysis); medical care delivery in hospital
and outpatient settings; total quality management principles, tools, and
- Effective communication, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership.
- Demonstrate experience in direct patient care planning and clinical operations.
- CPHQ, HCAP, CPPS, CPHRM and/or project management certification in related
- Experience in large integrated multi-faceted health care system with large
medical group or in an academic medical setting.
- Current RN license in California preferred.
- Master's Degree preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 3 years (Required)
- combined MGMT, Patient Safety, Infection Prevention, etc.: 5 years (Preferred)