Physician Assistant in Orthopedics and Plastic Surgery
The Physician Assistant (PA) functions in the capacity of an attending
provider in collaboration with a physician. Working independently and
under general supervision, the PA administers direct medical care, including
diagnosis and treatment to patients, utilizing written procedures and
protocols as guidelines. This position will be located 50% in a plastic
surgery clinic and 50% in an Orthopedic clinic.
- Assists the surgeon in the pre-operative care
- Performs and documents comprehensive history and physical examinations
- Preoperative testing and education of patients regarding the risks and
benefits of surgery
- Administers injections, assist in procedures and other medical services.
- Provides counsel and medical treatment to patients
- Educates patients on health maintenance
- Develops and implement patient management plan
- Assists the supervising physician in the clinic and in the operating room.
- Provides ongoing comprehensive outpatient services under the direction
of the supervising physician.