The bladder is an elastic, muscular sac located in the anterior part of
the pelvic cavity, and is where urine is stored before excretion.
Office Handouts, Brochures and Web Links
* If you are experiencing bladder control problems and urinary incontinence,
view a questionnaire and information sheet
* If you have a urinary tract infection (UTI), view this document of
Frequently Asked Questions from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
* A bladder diary can help you and your physician understand your bladder
control issues. Click
here for a printable version that can be filled out.
* If you have an overactive bladder, click
here for tips and drills that can help Increase the length of time between
this document for information on how to maintain a healthy bladder.
* Kegel exercises can help to control urinary incontinence and urgency.
Find out more
* Do you have a painful bladder? Click
this link for a patient symptom scale that may help determine this condition.
For more information on these or any other health conditions, please visit
our Health Library at