The prevention of conception (pregnancy) by the use of birth control devices
Office Handouts, Brochures and Web Links
birth control infographic from PatientPoint reviews the effectiveness of different birth control methods.
* Everything you need to know about birth control pills can be found in this
Frequently Asked Questions document from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
* What about barrier methods of contraception, such as condoms and diaphragms,
and how effective are they? ACOG has answers
* Find out about hormonal birth control options, such as implants, injections,
rings and patches, at this
* Did you know that there are different types of intrauterine devices (IUDs)? This
ACOG document has the necessary information.
* What about teenagers and birth control? MedlinePlus provides in-depth
* All about emergency contraception––questions and answers
are at this
* For natural family planning, there are a variety of methods available.
FAQs can be found
* Information on sterilization, both for women and men, is available in this
* Learn about postpartum sterilization through tubal ligation in an
* What about sterilization through laparoscopic surgery? Questions and
answers are provided at this
More health information related to contraception can be accesssed in an
ACOG Resource Overview.
In addition, you can find out about other contraception issues by visiting
our Health Library at