Fallopian Tubes & Ovaries
Fallopian tubes transport the egg from the ovary to the uterus (the womb).
The ovary is one of a pair of reproductive glands in women. They are located
in the pelvis, one on each side of the uterus. Each ovary is about the
size and shape of an almond. The ovaries produce eggs and female hormones.
OFFICE HANDOUTS, BROCHURES AND WEB LINKS
* What is ovarian cancer? The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
(ACOG) provides essential info in a
Frequently Asked Questions document.
* All about ovarian cysts
* What is an ectopic pregnancy? Causes, symptoms and treatment are discussed in
this article from MedlinePlus and the National Institutes of Health.
* How is laparoscopy used to diagnose and treat ovary-related conditions?
ACOG explains at this
* All about pelvic inflammatory disease, its causes and treatment can be
found in an ACOG
* What are the signs and symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome? Find out
For more information on these or any other health conditions, you can also
visit our Health Library at