After Hours Calls
Pediatrics at Washington Township Medical Foundation
If your child needs medical attention after hours, call the Fremont pediatrics
team at Washington Township Medical Foundation. We are proud to provide
our patients with access to support and care when they need it most. Learn
more about our after hours calls policy for our pediatrics department below.
Calls Taken By Rainbow Baby Service
After hours calls will be answered by Rainbow Baby Service (also used by
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital), and directed to an registered
nurse (RN). You will then be directed as appropriate for your child’s
condition. Doctors will receive messages for review by your doctor the next day.
When Should I Call My Pediatrician?
An RN can assist you in determining whether or not your child needs immediate
A few examples of times when you should call your pediatrician include:
- Stomach pain, particularly if it is on the right side
- A fever that does not go down an hour after your child has been given a
pain reliever such as ibuprofen
- Difficulty swallowing
- Injured area that has swollen
- Fever and / or nausea / vomiting with a headache
- Decreased urination / less wet diapers for a day
- Loss of appetite, refusing food coupled with fever
- Rash or other skin problem
If you feel something isn’t right, you should call your pediatrician.
It’s always wise to trust your instincts as a parent. Our pediatrics
department at Washington Township Medical Foundation is available to help 24/7.