Open Accessibility Menu

Immigration Physicals

In most cases, if you wish to obtain a green card—otherwise known as “adjustment of status” (Form I-485)—a medical examination will be required. Some requests for “V” nonimmigrant status also involve a medical exam requirement. If you are in the United States, you must obtain a medical exam by a “civil surgeon”—a physician who has received designation from United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS). If you are outside of the U.S., you must receive a medical examination from a “panel physician”—a physician who has been designated by the United States Department of State.

We have physicians on our team at Washington Township Medical Foundation who are able to provide immigration physicals. This includes Dr. Lincy Mathew, M.D., who has received designation as a “civil surgeon” from USCIS. These appointments involve a physical examination, a blood test, and vaccinations if necessary. You can learn more about physical examinations and immigration physicals as part of the adjustment of status process on the USCIS website. Our team is also available to answer any questions you may have.

Our Services

Read more about immigration physicals, including recommended vaccinations below:

Bring Form I-693 to Your Appointment

When you schedule your medical examination appointment, be sure to bring a copy of Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, which you can print out from the USCIS website. You can complete Part 1 of the form but do not sign until instructed to do so by your doctor. Your doctor will document your results on this form, sign it, and seal it for you to mail. It is important to mail this form as is: Do not break the seal or alter the envelope in any way.

Make an appointment by clicking here.

Related Physicians
Related Locations
  • Family Medicine - Mowry Family Practice Family Medicine
    2287 Mowry Avenue
    Suite C
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 248-1700
    More Information
  • Family Medicine - Warm Springs Clinic Family Medicine
    46690 Mohave Drive
    Fremont, CA 94539
    (510) 248-1065
    More Information
  • Internal Medicine & Infectious Diseases - Mowry Multi-Specialty Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Infectious Diseases, Pulmonary Medicine, Immigration Physicals
    2557 Mowry Ave.
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 248-1550
    More Information
  • Primary Care - Civic Center Clinic Internal Medicine, Immigration Physicals
    39141 Civic Center Dr.
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 248-1680
    More Information
  • Primary Care - Danielson Clinic, Newark Family Medicine, Internal Medicine
    6236 Thornton Ave.
    Newark, CA 94560
    (510) 248-1860
    More Information
  • Primary Care - Nakamura Clinic, Union City Family Medicine, Internal Medicine
    33077 Alvarado-Niles Road
    Union City, CA 94587
    (510) 248-1500
    More Information
  • Primary Care – State Street
    39210 State Street
    Suite 209
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 248-1720
    More Information